Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Nemonok: A meeting of the minds

I had made it to the final two, and without winning any of these challenges, I might add. Interesting how the clone just got two wins in a row. If I were the paranoid type, I might accuse the judges of malfeasance, though I am sure that is not the case as it is apparent to me that they do not know the meaning of the word.

I am an evil mastermind, but I am also a gentleman (or a gentlebrain, as I have heard many times before), and as a gentleman, I will certainly congratulate Army of (Cl)one on his win and making the finals. As there is not better time than the present, I rolled my brain containment case right up next to him. He was busy working on some business or whatnot I do not know, it was of no concern of mine.

“Ahh!” he yelled. “Don’t sneak up on a guy like that! I coulda shot you.”

“Mr. Clone, congratulations on your second immunity and on making it to the finals.”

“Thanks,” he said warily. “Congratulations on making it to the final yourself.”

“Good luck on the final challenge as well.”

“Yeah,” he looked at me a little cockeyed. At least I am fairly sure that it was cockeyed, it’s hard to tell through that helmet. “Good luck to you, too.”

“Please, please, put yourself at ease. I am just here to congratulate you. We may be evil masterminds and in the middle of a fierce competition, but that doesn’t mean we can’t be gentlemen about it.”

“Yeah, or gentlebrain,” he replied.

“Yes, yes, I have heard that before. Anyway, very nice to see you.” Heh heh, I may be a mastermind, but this clone certainly has a long way to go before he could ever be anywhere near my league.

“Yes,” he replied. “Very nice to see you, too.”

“And I will be going.” I rolled my containment unit back slightly.

“And I will be going as well,” he replied and took a step back.

“Very well. Good day to you, sir.” I slid back another meter.

“And good day to you as well,” he replied as he took another step back.

“Unfortunately, I must get going. I have a doomsday device to make and all.” I slid back a bit more.

“As do I, as do I,” he replied and took another step back.

“So I will be off, then.”

“Me too.”

“Are you going to turn and walk away?”

“Maybe,” he replied suspiciously. “Are you?”

“Of course.”

“Then go ahead.”

“Very well, I shall.” I slid back a bit more.

“And so shall I,” he replied and took a step back.

“Ah, this is foolishness. Of course you are not going to shoot me in the back, I don’t have a back.”

“And you’re not going to shoot me in the back,” he answered. “You can’t carry a gun.”

“Of course.”

“Of course.”

“Well go ahead.”

“No, you go ahead.”

“Very well. Good day to you sir.” I quickly slid out of the room. The door glided closed behind me and I chuckled to myself maniacally. “Heh heh heh. He never suspected what I did to him.”

“Good day to you as well!” I heard him call out through the closed door. I thought that I heard him chuckle maniacally as well. It must have been the door sliding shut.

3 comments:

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

I like malfeasance, it is a tasty dessert. or is that marzipan. i can't remember.


For some reason people keep kicking me today. It just like that time in clone school when all the other clones and many of the Kaminoian kept kicking me all day.

It must be becuae I am popular.

Dr. Nemonok said...

Yes, I must be popular as well as many of the henchpeople around here seem to be engaging in some sort of ritual of congratulations by firing their weapons at me.

Fortunately, my brain case is resistant to small arms fire, I just hope no one tries this with a fusion cannon.

captain koma said...

Lin has a fusion cannon in her left breast.

Or is that arm.

I'm always forgetting where I put the fusion cannon and the fairy floss dispenser.

What!

Gee could you all stop looking at me like that.